Tuesday, September 4, 2012

And Again...

Past behavior predicts future behavior.  Those who know me in real life know that I stand behind this principle.  With few exceptions, I don't really think people change.  I try to believe that they can and give the benefit of the doubt 'til I'm blue in the face, but in my experience it rarely occurs.  So why then can't I accept the fact that my love-interest-in-nearby-city (a.k.a. "that jerk") isn't going to change.  I can't tell whether he's actually a jerk or if he just doesn't have time and behaves like one.  I want to believe that he's just busy, but after the stunt he pulled a few weeks ago (where he cancelled plan last minute and hasn't responded since) I'm quite sure he's behaving like a jerk.  I missed two calls from him today and received a text that was obviously meant for one of the other residents...it felt like a slap in the face.  I returned his call just in case (he did call twice in an hour) and told him I think he texted me in error but he never responded.  I'm left wondering as always, why he called me...was it an accident or was he reaching out on a break?  If he meant to call, why not leave a quick message?  I can't say that I'm interested in driving up there anymore, but I do miss talking once in a while...it was nice to have such a good connection with him and feel like I hd the potential to make someone happy.  Whatever...just need to move forward and stop wishing for what isn't happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment