Monday, October 1, 2012

Food for Thought

So it's been a hectic few days and I've been remiss with my blogging duties, but I'm back.  I had a wonderful time away, and I feel cautiously optimistic/hopeful/really-must-work-out about the guy.  I've also had the opportunity to reconnect with several old friends, and it's been wonderful hearing what's going on in their lives.  It's crazy how things can change over time, and it's nice to come back together and be in the same place where we can relate in ways that previously weren't possible.  One of these friends and I went for a long hike today and talked about our lives, particularly about the evolving place of God and faith and religious practice, and I was pleasantly surprised/humbled by our conversation.  This friend used to be one of the most devout Christian people I know, but she's really explored for herself and lives very differently now.  Not that she doesn't believe in God, but she shared that her idea of who God is has evolved into something very different than she previously believed.  It was a necessary conversation, especially given my post a few weeks ago http://thebloggerincognito.blogspot.com/2012/08/value-judgment-soup.html where I discussed a few controversial value judgments relating to Christianity.  I haven't fully processed the conversation yet, but it feels good to know that I'm not the only one feeling disillusioned with faith and religion.

Also I have a job interview for a well-paid but inconveniently scheduled FT nannying job.  I'm feeling a little nervous about the requested level of commitment, but going to go prepared and see what happens.  Hopefully the client will agree to a trial period so we can see if it works for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment