Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chugging Along

Hi everyone!  I wanted to update [all six of you] on recent developments. 
I watched Perks of Being a Wallflower at the advice of my friend and Dermatologist, who told me that just like the female lead, I've been accepting the love I think I deserve; the movie was good and you should all watch it.  I've been going out on a few dates stemming from hours of online dating profile adjustments, and I've met someone nice.  He's very nice, we have good conversation, and I'm hoping that he'll make a move soon, but the good night kiss is challenging because he is 6 inches shorter than I am.  I also still talk to the well known intellectual that I met on my January excursion in DC.  I'm not ashamed to say that he is hot, and I'd love to hook up with him when he visits the US again.  Which I'd like to be sooner rather than later, because I haven't gotten any in forever, and I can honestly say that we had the best chemistry I've ever had.  Ever.  With anyone.  Too bad he's not interested in a relationship, because I'd be all over that idea.  I have a temporary nannying contract for the month taking care of an infant forty hours a week, and it's going well.  Last but not least, I'm going to see my best friend this weekend!!  He is going to visit his gf in another state, and I'm going to meet them and several others at a ski resort.  I'm excited to see him, but a little nervous to meet the gf...she and I talk regularly, and I really like her, but there's definitely some pressure on the trip.  It's also a little difficult sharing my best friend.  I like that he devotes so much time to her, but it feels a little weird that she wants to be my friend.  I feel so guilty because I actually really like her, and want to be friends, but it requires a lot of energy to talk to her so often, and I worry about her trying to share bff territory with him.  Not sure how to express what I mean, but it's nice to have a new friend although a little overwhelming.  That's all for now folks; off to sleep alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment